Learn the art of drawing an adorable bunny with these effortless step-by-step instructions and accompanying video tutorial. With just a few easy steps, you’ll be able to create a stunning bunny drawing yourself. So, let’s dive right into the instructions!
The Fascination with Bunnies in Animation and Art
Bunnies have been popular characters in the animation industry for many years. Perhaps the most iconic of them all is Bugs Bunny, who made his debut alongside Elmer Fudd in Tex Avery’s Merrie Melodies short, “A Wild Hare.” Bugs Bunny was later joined by other beloved rabbit characters, including Lola Bunny and Babs and Buster Bunny from Tiny Toon Adventures.
Not limited to animation, rabbits have also made their mark in the world of cinema. Memorable examples include Roger Rabbit from “Who Framed Roger Rabbit?” (1988), the Rabbit of Caerbannog from “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” (1975), and Judy Hopps from “Zootopia” (2016).
Throughout history, rabbits have appeared in various art forms, often symbolizing moon deities or representing fertility in ancient pottery and early paintings.
Master the Art of Bunny Drawing
Drawing a bunny has never been easier! With our simple, step-by-step tutorial, all you need is a pencil and a piece of paper. If you make any mistakes along the way, feel free to use an eraser to correct them. To add a touch of color to your final masterpiece, you can also use crayons, colored pencils, markers, or paints.
In each step, pay attention to the blue lines, as they represent new additions to your drawing. Some steps, however, involve the removal of previously drawn guide lines. Now, let’s get started and bring your bunny to life!
If you enjoyed this tutorial, make sure to check out our other drawing guides, such as Bat, Dolphin, and Monkey.
Step-by-Step Guide: Drawing a Bunny
Step 1: Forming the Bunny’s Head
- Begin by sketching an irregular circular shape, wider at the bottom than at the top. This shape will serve as the bunny’s head.
Step 2: Creating the Bunny’s Ears
- Draw the bunny’s ears by enclosing long, narrow shapes using curved lines.
Step 3: Shaping the Bunny’s Body
- Below the bunny’s head, draw an oval shape to represent its body.
Step 4: Linking the Head and Body
- Connect the head and body using curved lines. Add overlapping curved lines on the bunny’s chest to indicate fur.
Step 5: Refining the Body
- Erase the guide lines from the bunny’s body.
Step 6: Drawing the Bunny’s Leg and Foot
- Sketch a curved line through the body to create the bunny’s leg. Add a foot by enclosing a rounded shape beneath the leg using a curved line.
Step 7: Outlining the Bunny’s Front Feet
- Draw the bunny’s front feet by enclosing an irregular shape beneath its chest. Then, add a second shape behind the first using a short, curved line.
Step 8: Adding the Final Details
- Draw the bunny’s fluffy tail using a series of curved lines to outline its irregular shape.
Step 9: Perfecting the Bunny’s Face
- Focus on the bunny’s face by enclosing a long, narrow shape within each ear. Draw dots for the eyes, leaving a tiny uncolored speck to represent the eye shine. Create a small round shape for the nose and extend a short line beneath it. Use two short, curved lines to form the mouth. Add teeth by enclosing them within a rounded square, separating them with a vertical line. Finally, draw whiskers extending outward from the nose.
Step 10: Coloring Your Bunny
- Bring your bunny to life by coloring it. While our example is cream-colored, remember that rabbits come in various colors and patterns, including black, white, brown, grey, blonde, and spotted.
For more fantastic animal drawing tutorials, be sure to explore our collection of 100 Easy-to-Draw Animal Drawing Tutorials. Additionally, you can save this tutorial to your Pinterest board for future reference.
Bunny Drawing Tutorial – Access Fun and Printable Pages
Do you crave more drawing instruction and practice? Join now to gain immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages. Discover the joy of drawing and enhance your skills with our extensive resources.
If you encounter any issues as a member, such as seeing ads or facing difficulties downloading the PDF, here are some troubleshooting steps. First, ensure that you’re logged into your account. If the problem persists, try refreshing the page by clicking the circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of your browser window or using the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+R (PC) or Command+R (Mac).