By [website url]
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. See our full disclosure here.
The holiday season is upon us, and what better way to embrace the festivities than by drawing your very own Christmas tree? Not only is drawing a great way to unwind after a long day, but it’s also a wonderful activity to enjoy with your loved ones.
Follow this step-by-step tutorial to create a beautiful Christmas tree drawing that you can use for Christmas cards, present tags, or simply to create a winter wonderland on paper.
Before you begin, gather the following supplies:
- A sheet of paper or card stock, or a sketchbook
- Pencil and eraser
- Markers, colored pencils, colored pens, oil pastels, watercolors, or crayons for coloring
- Step-by-step guide for the Christmas tree drawing
Step One: Draw the Christmas Star
Start by penciling out a five-pointed star near the top of your paper. This star will be the shining centerpiece of your tree.
Step Two: Outline the Tree
Next, draw two curved lines sloping down from the star to form the top of the tree. Connect these lines with several points to create the evergreen tree needles. Aim for around six points in total.
Step Three: Add More Detail
Continue drawing the outline of the tree, working your way down. Add larger segments with additional points to give the tree depth and dimension.
Step Four: Fluff Up the Tree
In the final section of the tree, add fluffy branches with multiple points extending at different angles. Create a curved line with jagged lines coming off of it, accentuating the beauty of the tree. Leave room for the tree’s trunk by slightly curving the center section upward.
Step Five: Include the Trunk
Draw a simple rectangle shape at the center of the tree to represent the trunk.
Step Six: Decorate with Ribbon or Garland
Enhance your tree by drawing lines from one side to the other, representing ribbon or garland. Feel free to place these decorative elements wherever you see fit, using various angles and placements.
Step Seven: Add Stars and Ornaments
Add stars to the tree by drawing small shapes throughout the branches. You can include as many stars as you’d like. Then, draw small circles to represent ornaments or baubles and fill the spaces between the ribbon and the stars. Get creative with the placement and colors of these decorative elements.
Step Eight: Bring Your Tree to Life with Colors
Color your tree to make it come alive. Use green for the branches, brown for the trunk, and yellow for the star. Feel free to use different colors for the baubles, letting your imagination run wild. The final result will be a super cute Christmas tree!
If you wish, you can also add more detail to the base of the tree by drawing Christmas presents or gifts beneath the branches. Customize your drawing with as little or as much detail as you desire.
Variations: Easy Christmas Tree Drawing
For a simpler version of the Christmas tree drawing, try this alternative approach. The tree’s body is more rounded, making it easier for younger children to draw.
Ways to Use Your Christmas Tree Drawing
Once you’ve completed your Christmas tree drawing, let your creativity guide you in finding ways to use it. Here are a few suggestions:
- Create unique wrapping paper designs by covering plain paper with your tree drawings.
- Sketch the tree in your notebook to relax and unwind.
- Draw the tree for your kids and let them color it using their own imagination.
- Incorporate the drawing into a holiday card and gift it to loved ones.
- Laminate the drawing, attach a magnet, and create a customized fridge magnet.
- Think outside the box and add the Christmas tree drawing to any other creative project you can imagine.
This simple Christmas tree drawing is a versatile and delightful addition to your holiday activities. Embrace the joy of the festive season by experimenting with different ways to incorporate your masterpiece into various aspects of your life.
Happy holidays and may your Christmas tree drawing bring smiles to all those who encounter it.
For more tips and ideas on drawing, check out the following posts:
- Best Markers for Coloring and Doodling – Discover my favorite tools for creating vibrant artwork.
- 100+ Fun Patterns to Draw – Explore a variety of doodling ideas and patterns for avid drawers.
- DIY Christmas Wrapping Paper – Elevate your gifts by adding easy Christmas drawings to your own custom wrapping paper.
Remember, sharing is caring!