If you’ve ever wanted to bring a touch of glamour and sparkle to your home decor, then these DIY glitter vases are just what you need! Inspired by the glittery mason jar vases from a New Year’s Eve party, we’ve created two stunning versions that are quick, easy, and perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a party, planning a wedding, or simply want to add a touch of sparkle to your dining room table, these glitter vases are sure to impress. Let’s dive into the tutorial and learn how to make them!
Before we get started, gather the following supplies:
- Glass containers (preferably with smooth, straight sides)
- Glitter (Wintermint and Bronze from Michaels are recommended)
- Foam brush
- Painter’s tape
DIY Glitter Vase 1: Interior Wall Coating
For the first vase, we’ll create a glittery interior wall coating. Here’s how:
- Take a small cylindrical vase and use the foam brush to apply a thin and even coat of ModPodge to the interior walls.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of glitter into the vase, and gently roll the vase in your hands, tapping the sides to ensure the glitter evenly coats the ModPodge.
- Allow the vase to dry for a few hours, depending on the thickness of the ModPodge application. Any excess glitter can be scooped up and saved for future use.
- If you missed any spots, simply apply a second coat using the same technique: a thin layer of ModPodge, followed by glitter application and swirling to coat evenly.
DIY Glitter Vase 2: Glitter-Dipped Look
For the second version, we’ll create a glitter-dipped look using a mason jar. Follow these steps:
- Mark off your jar with painter’s tape, covering the portion you want to be covered in glitter. Depending on your preference, you can choose to cover around 2/3 of the jar’s surface.
- Use a foam brush to apply ModPodge to the area below the tape, ensuring it is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle copper glitter onto the outside of the jar. This step can get messy, so make sure your workspace is covered with kraft paper or a similar protective material.
- To remove excess glitter, fold the paper into a funnel shape and pour the glitter back into the jar.
- Once the glitter and glue combination is dry, apply an additional thin coat of ModPodge to the outside of the glass. Alternatively, you can use a spray sealant, making sure to protect the uncoated areas from overspray.
Once everything is nice and dry, you’ll have two stunning vases ready to add a touch of sparkle to your home decor. These vases can serve various purposes, from holding makeup brushes on a vanity to keeping pens and pencils organized on your desk. The possibilities are endless!
Creating your own glitter vases is a fun and rewarding project that allows you to personalize your home decor. The beauty of glitter is universally loved, and these vases will undoubtedly become a standout feature in any room. So, gather your supplies and start adding a touch of sparkle to your life!
Design + styling by Cyd Converse for The Sweetest Occasion. Photos by Alice G. Patterson.
*Please note: copying, distributing, or reproducing the DIY projects featured in this post without express written permission is strictly prohibited. If you’d like to share this post, please link directly to it for the DIY tutorial. Thank you! xoxo