Drawing a rainbow is a delightful way to add some color and fun into your artistic endeavors. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced artist, this step-by-step tutorial will guide you through the process of creating a stunning rainbow drawing.
Embrace the Magic of Rainbow Printables
While creating your own rainbow masterpiece is always enjoyable, exploring different printables can also be a fun and engaging experience. In addition to arts and crafts, we’ve developed a color scavenger hunt printable that allows you to embark on a vibrant adventure, searching for bright colors.
Discover the Colors of the Rainbow in Order
Intrigued by the colors of the rainbow? We often receive inquiries regarding the order of the colors. Previously, the rainbow consisted of six colors – red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. However, the official rainbow now comprises seven colors. The additional color is indigo, which differentiates darker purple from lighter purple, known as violet. To remember the order of the rainbow, you can use the mnemonic device “ROY G. BIV,” which stands for each color in sequence from the top (red) to the bottom (violet).
Gather Your Supplies for Rainbow Drawing
To begin your rainbow drawing journey, you’ll need a few essential supplies:
- Crayons, markers, or colored pencils
Step By Step Tutorial for Drawing a Rainbow
- Start by positioning your paper horizontally, allowing ample space for your rainbow to shine.
- Begin drawing the inside of the rainbow by crafting a curved line to form a half circle. Follow this first line with a parallel curved line to create two aligned curves.
- Continuously add half-circle curved lines outward to complete the rainbow. Ensure that the lines end at an imagined horizontal line, which signifies the bottom of your rainbow.
- Extend the number of lines to accommodate each rainbow gradient color, aiming for around seven or eight lines.
- Complete your rainbow drawing by adding small clouds to each end. You can shape the clouds with rounded edges toward the rainbow and a flat bottom, or create billowy clouds with curved lines on both sides.
- Color your rainbow using your preferred markers, embracing the beauty of vibrant hues.
- Congratulations! You’ve created a stunning rainbow drawing. For an extra touch, consider adding a pot of gold for a St. Patrick’s Day theme.
More Rainbow Crafts to Explore
If you’re captivated by rainbows, we have even more fantastic crafts for you to enjoy:
- Rainbow Punch Pinata
- Rainbow Vertical Garden
- Macrame Rainbow
- Rainbow Painted Rocks
- Rainbow DIY Fortune Cookie Craft
Download the Free Rainbow Drawing Guide
If you’d like access to additional guidance and resources for perfecting your rainbow drawings, simply provide your name and email address in the form below.
Note: The guide is for personal use only.
Stay Connected with Made with Happy!
Be sure to follow Made with Happy on social media to stay up to date with our latest posts and creations. Connect with us on:
Looking for more crafts to keep your child happily engaged? Sign up for our 5 Ridiculous HAPPY Activities that take under 30 minutes to complete. We’ll deliver them directly to your inbox.
Discover and shop our favorite products in our Amazon storefront, filled with everything you need to unleash your creativity.
Pin It to Your DIY Board on Pinterest!
Don’t forget to save this article to your DIY board on Pinterest for future reference. Follow Made with Happy on Pinterest for an abundance of inspiration and happy ideas!