Fall is just around the corner, and Halloween is right behind it! So why not get into the spirit with some fun and easy pumpkin drawing ideas? In this article, we’ll explore different techniques to help you create beautiful pumpkin drawings with step-by-step tutorials. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced artist, these ideas are perfect for everyone!
Pumpkin Drawing Simple Step by Step
Let’s start with a simple pumpkin line drawing. Begin by sketching a long standing oval shape. Then, add two partial oval shapes on either side. Continue to add more partial ovals, but draw them slightly higher. Complete your pumpkin by drawing a stalk and a vine. It’s as easy as that!
If you want to take your drawings to the next level, you can incorporate these pumpkin drawings into other fall-themed artworks. For instance, you can learn how to draw banners easily and decorate them with pumpkin drawings. The possibilities are endless!
More Pumpkin Drawing Ideas
Now that you’ve mastered the simple pumpkin drawing, let’s explore some more creative ideas! Here are a few additional pumpkin drawing tutorials for you to try:
1. Pumpkin Color Drawing
For a colorful pumpkin drawing, grab two markers in different shades of orange. Begin by drawing a wonky oval shape. Then, add more ovals on either side. With the second marker, fill in the gaps between the ovals. Finally, draw a stalk and a vine to complete your colorful pumpkin masterpiece!
2. Fall Pumpkin Drawing
Want to give your pumpkin drawing a unique twist? Try varying the shape of the basic oval and give it a slightly square look. This will give your pumpkin a rustic, heirloom appearance. To enhance the fall vibe, you can even add some berries and leaves!
3. Pumpkin with Flowers
If you’re feeling particularly whimsical, why not draw a pumpkin adorned with flowers? Start with a large circle shape, and then add a face and mouth inside it. Instead of a regular stalk, draw whimsical leaves and flowers on top of the pumpkin. This will add a touch of charm to your artwork!
4. Pumpkin Drawing with BOO
To add a bit of typography to your pumpkin drawing, start by writing the word “BOO” and then draw your pumpkin around it. Don’t forget to add a stalk and some color! This idea is sure to impress your friends and family.
5. How to Draw a Pumpkin Easy Step by Step
If you’re a fan of plaid fabric patterns, this pumpkin drawing idea is perfect for you! Start by drawing the stalk and a leaf. Then, draw an oval shape beneath it. Add a 3D body shape and create a plaid pattern. Finally, fill in your drawing with colors of your choice!
6. How to Draw a Scary Pumpkin Face
October wouldn’t be complete without a scary pumpkin! Start by drawing a mouth in an eerie smile. Then, add huge eyes and a small nose. To give your pumpkin some texture, add ridges around these features. Complete the drawing with a simple stalk, and voila – you have a spooky masterpiece!
7. Pumpkin Drawing Watercolor
For a more relaxing art project, try filling an entire page with simple pumpkin shapes using watercolors. This is a great way to unwind and express your creativity. If you want to see the process in action, check out the YouTube video linked here: Pumpkin Drawing Watercolor Tutorial
Pumpkin Crafts Blog Hop
If you’re feeling inspired and want more pumpkin-themed art and craft tutorials, look no further! Our blog friends from Team Creative Crafts have put together an amazing collection of pumpkin crafts. Click the links below to explore their tutorials and enjoy the creativity:
- Create the most adorable DIY Fall Wreath with Pom Pom Pumpkins on Laura’s blog, Me and My INKlings.
- Learn How to Draw a Pumpkin with step-by-step instructions from the talented Smitha of Smiling Colors. You can even download her free printable guide!
- Laura from Laura’s Crafty Life has created a Mini Pumpkin Wreath using supplies from Dollar Tree. It’s absolutely gorgeous!
- Shani at Sunshine and Munchkins shows you how to create Pumpkin Contact Paper Suncatchers, a fun and easy fall craft for all ages.
- Justine from Little Dove Blog teaches you how to make an Easy Mod Podge Map Pumpkin, perfect for travel enthusiasts.
- Erica from 5 Little Monsters shares her Alpine Stitch Crocheted Pumpkin, complete with a full set of patterned instructions.
- Kelsey at Poofy Cheeks provides a step-by-step tutorial on how to make DIY Wooden Pumpkin Blocks. She even shares which stencils she used!
- Katie, the Crafty Blog Stalker, showcases a gorgeous Hand Painted Pumpkin with a color palette of white and gold.
- Chelly from We Can Make That demonstrates How to Make Paper Pumpkins using simple strips of colored paper. It’s a fantastic craft idea!
- Jane of DIY by Jane has created elegant Bejeweled Pumpkin Art using jewels and buttons. The result is simply stunning!
- Beth from Creatively Beth shows how she transforms recycled mini bundt pans into adorable Mini Bundt Pan Pumpkins with just some paint.
- Lindsay of Artsy Fartsy Mama brings her favorite characters to life with No-Sew Fabric Pumpkins. Check out her tutorial for all the details!
So, what are you waiting for? Grab your sketchbook, pencils, and markers, and start creating your own pumpkins! These drawing ideas are perfect for adding a touch of fall to your art collection or even decorating your home for the season. Enjoy the process and let your creativity shine!