Are you looking to learn how to draw tigers? Look no further! This step-by-step tiger drawing tutorial is perfect for beginners. With just a few simple supplies and some easy-to-follow instructions, you’ll be drawing adorable tigers in no time!
Cartoon Tiger Drawing Supplies
Before we get started, make sure you have the following supplies on hand:
- Colored pens and pencils
- Ruler (optional)
Step-by-Step Guide: How to Draw a Tiger
Follow these steps to draw a tiger easily. Each step is accompanied by illustrated images to guide you along the way.
- Begin by drawing an oval shape on the lower right side of the paper. Above the oval, draw an upside-down small triangle to represent the tiger’s nose. From the nose, extend two curved lines downwards to form the cheeks. Inside the cheek area, add three dots to suggest whiskers.
- Moving on to step 2, draw a larger circle to outline the tiger’s face. Position the nose and mouth at the bottom of the circle. Starting from the corners of the nose, draw straight lines that slant towards the top of the head. Place two dot eyes on either side of these lines. Add two ears above the eyes on the sides of the head.
- In step 3, it’s time to draw the outline of the tiger’s body. Start by drawing a curved line from one ear, across the paper, and slanting it down to represent the hind leg. Drop another curved line down from the mouth to represent the chest, then extend it down to create the front leg. Go back and add the paws and belly lines.
- Moving on to step 4, it’s time to draw the tail and the other legs. Draw the tiger’s tail with a curved line starting at the top of the hind leg. Let the tail drop down, forming a rounded tip, and connect it back to the hind leg region. Next, draw the hind leg by slanting a line down from the belly, making a turn, drawing a paw, and slanting it back up. This gives the impression that the tiger is walking. For the front paw, use curved lines similar to the tail to depict it raised off the ground.
- In step 5, it’s time to add the tiger’s stripes. Start by drawing and filling in four rectangles on the tiger’s tail. Begin with the smallest rectangle towards the end of the tail, gradually making each rectangle slightly larger. To suggest stripes on the hind legs, draw and fill in five triangles on each leg, with three on the left side and two on the right. Ensure that the triangles are slightly offset, not directly across from each other. For the front legs, draw and fill in three stripes on each. The stripes should be on one side of one leg and on the opposite side of the other. Next, draw ten triangles around the tiger’s face, five on each side, mirroring each other. Finally, draw and fill in four taller triangles coming up from the belly line, and seven even taller triangles coming down from the back. Again, make sure these are slightly offset from the triangles coming up from the belly.
- The final step is to color the tiger’s fur orange and fill in the black stripes. Follow the reference image below, and your tiger drawing will come to life!
My Favorite Drawing Supplies
If you’re passionate about drawing, here are some of my favorite drawing supplies that I highly recommend:
- Sketching Pencils
- Kneaded Rubber Eraser
- Sketch Pad
- Erasable Colored Pencils
- Fine Markers
- Sketch and Drawing Art Pencil Set
- Artist Drawing Set (Perfect for both new and experienced artists, also makes a great gift!)
Easy Tiger Drawing Video
For visual learners, check out this easy tiger drawing video to accompany the step-by-step instructions:
More Drawing and Coloring Activities
Now that you’ve mastered drawing tigers, why not try your hand at these other fun and easy drawing activities:
- Tiger Coloring Pages
- How to Draw a Flower (Easy Tutorial)
- T Rex Coloring Pages
- How to Draw a Car
- How to Draw a Dog (Easy Tutorial)
So go ahead, grab your supplies, and unleash your creativity with these fantastic drawing projects!